Posts about Automation:
- 22 Nov 2017 - A CMDB for IT infrastructures: Can we use a CMDB for the whole IT management? In this post we'll see what a CMDB should be, and we'll see how to import existing network devices into a CMDB using NAPALM. Finally we'll see how to operate on network devices from a CMDB and how pushing configurations. This is a compendium to my speech in Milano for AutomateIT² event.
- 28 Mar 2017 - Automatic network discovery and documentation: NetBrain is a famous software that allows network discovery (and management). Let's focus now on network discovery and documentation: we want to automatically discover network devices, how they're connected, and store everything into a version control repository (GIT/CVS).
- 02 Mar 2017 - Automatic webserver deploy based on requests: Usually companies deploy few number of webservers to serve an estimated number of users. What about if we can increment or reduce the number of webservers based on real active users?
- 17 Feb 2017 - Managing NTP on Cisco IOS with Ansible: After installing Ansible (see previous post), it's now time to manage how to send multiple commands (and check) to Cisco IOS devices. This post will explain a playbook (recipe) for clock and NTP configuration.
- 16 Feb 2017 - How to install Ansible and play with it: Few years ago, I wrote some expect scripts to automatically connect Cisco IOS routers and switches and do some unattended configurations. Now it's time to review those scripts, and check what Ansible can do.